Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

weekends are made for eating

... And eat a lot, I did. Not really productive, but yeah. :D

Last Saturday, the boyfriend and I went on a spur-of-the-moment trip to Serendra for lunch. It was my first time to dine in at Conti's, just bought cakes from them before. I had the Baked Salmon for my main course and a slice of Mango Bravo for dessert. I forgot to take a picture of my meal, probably because I was dismayed when I saw the serving size. :P It was good, but I'd still prefer Z's (in Makati) Baked Salmon which costs half of Conti's price, has a more generous serving (at least as I remember it) and yummier.

But anyway, dessert made up for whatever the main course lacked.

Conti's Mango Bravo (by Gel Cruz)
Huuuge slice. I was blown away.

After the hearty meal, we walked around High Street. It would've been the perfect time to shoot with the sun out, but I didn't have any of my film cameras. :( Reminder to self: bring cameras out, I still have too many films in the fridge.

Dinner that night was shabu-shabu (hot pot) at Tong Yang, my mom's post-birthday celebration with some of our relatives. I was too hungry to even bother taking pictures, and besides, I couldn't take my camera out when the melted butter on the grill was splattering onto my arms, leaving me with a couple of tiny burns. :(

Sunday, we drove to Mall of Asia. It has been more than a year since I last ate at A Veneto and I was craving for it. We didn't scrimp on our order. Kain kung kain.

Spicy Baked Mussels (by Gel Cruz)
Spicy Baked Mussels
Loooved the marinara! :)

New York + Double Pepperoni (by Gel Cruz)
New York + Double Pepperoni = happy tummy

Chicken Cutlet Parmigiana (by Gel Cruz)
Chicken Cutlet Parmigiana

A couple of years ago when I was still working in Makati, I usually went to A Venetto Glorietta whenever I needed comfort food. I am glad the food is still as good, servings still generous (we didn't finish the pasta), and the price, although increased, still reasonable.

Next week, food trip ulit! I really need to enrol myself in dance classes soon. :D

No comments: